Who are we?
The LINAK Group is an international company engaged in designing and manufacturing electric linear actuator systems. LINAK A/S is based in Guderup Denmark and is represented in several countries all over the world through either subsidiaries or distributors. See a list of the LINAK group of companies here: LINAK subsidiaries and distributors worldwide.
The website is controlled by LINAK A/S, unless it identifies in its terms or otherwise that it is controlled by another LINAK entity.
What personal data do we collect about you?
LINAK collects personally identifiable information such as names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers (if provided), and the interest you have in our products. These types of data are only collected when you provide such data voluntarily to us and/or when you have given your consent.
We may collect other types of data in various ways: LINAK records information submitted via the contact form on the webpages for the purpose of processing your comments, questions, or suggestions or when you subscribe to our newsletters.
We automatically collect data about your visits to and usage of our website. The personal data may include your IP address, operating system and platform, type of browser, browsing activity and other data on how you interacted with our website, such as clicks you have made on LINAK ads prior to visiting our webpages and/or contact forms.
We work together with third parties (including business partners, sub-contractors, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive anonymous information from them. Our distributor of online newsletters tracks your activities when opening the newsletter.
We kindly ask you not to send us any sensitive personal data, such as information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other belief, health, biometric or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership. We will not collect such data from you unless you give us your consent or we are required by law.
Our business and related services and related webpages are not intended for or designed to attract children.
How we may use your personal data:
Your data may be processed for the following purposes:
- To contact you regarding sales and services
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with products and services that you request from us
- To carry out surveys about how to improve our service to you
- To improve our services
- To customise and optimise our marketing activities so that you only get information within your field of interest
- For other purposes directly requested by you
Who we share your personal data with:
LINAK may disclose your personal information internally to any LINAK Group company for the use and purposes listed above. The reason is that we aim to give you the best service.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties when we:
- Use third party entities for the hosting of our website and other services
- Use an external email marketing system to handle newsletters on different marketing and sales topics
- Use third parties in events for which you register to facilitate your participation in such events
- Manage your personal data in our CRM system
- Process orders in our ERP system using of a minimum of your personal data
- Make arrangements with external logistics providers and other service providers
- Use an external customer experience system to collect feedback on how LINAK performs
- When we are obliged to disclose your personal data under applicable law and regulation, which may include laws outside your country of residence
LINAK uses third party data processors. Third party data processors cooperate with us in the provision of the content and services you request. In doing so they safeguard the confidentiality of your data and apply necessary technical and organisational measures. We regularly adapt our safety precautions to ongoing technical developments.
We process data collected by cookies in order to:
- Operate, improve, and optimise the performance and user experience of the website and its services
- Perform customer and user analyses and segmentation in order to improve our understanding of our users, and provide better and tailored services to users
- Build statistics
- Provide personalised advertising: We and our advertising partners use social media tracking tools such as Facebook Pixel and LinkedIn Pixel. We collect data when you use our webpage to find out how our online offering is used. We use this information and other personalisation information to improve our services and for personalised advertising
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
We also use Google Ads in our marketing for the purpose of assessing whether our products and services could be interesting for you. When you as a user click on an ad, Google places a cookie on your device. With the use of this technology, Google, and we as their customer, receive the information that you clicked in an ad to be redirected to our website. The information is solely used for analysing and optimising our ads. We cannot identify the visitor to the webpage, before you choose to sign in to our newsletter or submit a contact form or similar. If you do not want this, you should opt out in our cookie setting. However, we will continue to receive anonymous statistical information about site visits. For more information, please see link.
Google Tag Manager is a solution operated by Google that allows website tags to be managed by an interface, which we use on our webpage. The tag manager tool itself (which implements the tags) is a cookie-less domain and does not register personal data. The tool causes other tags to be activated which may, for their part, register data under certain circumstances. Google Tag Manager does not access this information.
How we use social media platforms:
In order to optimise our activities on the social media platforms, like LinkedIn and Facebook, we use tools such as lead ads and Facebook Custom Audiences, which means that we pay for the platform to assist us in finding relevant persons to target our content to, based on registered interests or earlier visited pages collected by the platform. Criteria used for targeting our content are either set by us or the social media platform. Such sponsored ads are marked “Sponsored” in the social media platform. If you interact with our posts, we will note this communication.
How long we store your data for:
LINAK will keep your personal data only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. LINAK may have to store data in order to comply with a legal retention requirement. We may keep data in an anonymised form for statistical purposes as opposed to deleting your data.
How we protect your data:
We have taken appropriate technical and operational security precautions to protect your data from being accidentally or intentionally manipulated, lost, destroyed, or accessed by unauthorised persons. Our security measures are reviewed regularly. We will update these measures in order to keep with technological advances.
Your data rights:
You may opt out from receiving marketing related emails from us at any given time. You must use the unsubscribe link in the marketing material. We will comply with your request immediately thereafter. You have to actively delete the Sitecore cookie on your PC. If you leave the cookie, LINAK will continue to receive statistical data about your visits to our webpage, and this will be linked to your name and email address in our system.
If you have comments or questions related to how we process your personal data or if you want to access, update, amend, or erase any of your personal data, you can contact us here.
Our postal address is:
Smedevænget 8, Guderup
Company Registration Number: 66365328
If you are of the opinion that we process or have processed your personal data unlawfully, you may lodge a complaint to the Danish Data Protection Supervisory Authority, Borgergade 28, 5., DK-1300 Copenhagen K (Datatilsynet) or the supervisory authority of your country of nationality.
22 October 2018.